Sunday, May 13, 2007

To Mom

Amma, mamma, mummy....the names are many, but they all refer to the one special person in my life. (Dad, even you are special, but since today is Mother's Day, so this post is specially dedicated to mom.)
Each child says, " My mom is great" and I am no exception. I have seen my mom running about the house completing all the chores, getting her two angels(or may I say devils) ready for school and never even once complaining about it. Obviously, she has lost her temper many a times but still that is acceptable. As a teacher, she gives personal attention to all her students and is a counselor par excellence.
I respect her most for her gritty determination. When she came to North India, she did not know a word of hindi. But still she managed, and now I must compliment her that her hindi is quite good.
I know mom that I have not shown my appreciation as much as I would have wanted to. I have thrown innumerable tantrums and have been punished for them as well. You have helped me to become what I am (whether or not it is a compliment, I can't say).
Mom, You are The Greatest. Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Proxy said...

Goood going buddy! Hail DON!
Let aunty realize her achievements... do make her read this one! Good bachchi you are!