Friday, April 13, 2007

Never Say Never

Once a girl X visited her school excitedly, after clearing IIT JEE. She was being congratulated by everyone. Suddenly a cheeky junior Y walked up to her and remarked, "So, you are going to Roorkee? Didn't you get any other IIT?" X was stunned and fumed on hearing this.
3 years down the line, one fine day X received a phone call. A tame voice spoke from the other end, " Hi, this is Y. Remember me?"
X: "Oh Hi! So whassup?"
Y: " Nothing. I wanted to tell you that I am also coming to Roorkee"
X(smiling):"Welcome dear"
Y is none other than the great me and X is my lovely friend Proxy.
Experience has taught me that never to say that a thing can never happen to me. Whenever I am pretty sure that a thing will not occur, it does occur. When I first entered college, I was convinced that I could not be one of the group, which was always apprehensive about the way they looked. Vanity, I called it. But slowly I have come to accept them.
There are loads of instances which take place, that reinforce the fact that anything can happen. All of us were sure,that India would not loose to Bangladesh. But lo and behold, it did happen.
Call me a pessimist or whatever, but according to me, we must be prepared for anything.
Always hope for the best. But if something unexpected happens, don't be surprised. After all, anything can happen. That is why I say, Never say never.

5 comments:

The Decayed Canine said...

Wise one, there are aphorisms already in place with similar preachings. Counting eggs or birds is the punchline of one, if i remember correctly.
You knew BigB before roorkee?!

Proxy said...

Hah... ur posts seem to hv a touch of sadness or graveness in them!! Wat hs hppned to u??

Shrey said...

So the dangerous liaison has been in place for far longer than we thought! Hmmm...I fear a coup d'etait by the bhopus!

Unknown said...

Nice touch with the X and Y variables. I almost thought this was a Lit Quiz... :-)

Withered said...

It's lose.......:)