Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Requiem of Dreams

I started this semester with great plans. Enough is enough, I told myself. I decided that now it was time to take matters in my hands and show the world that I existed. I made a short term plan, which consisted of among other things, increasing my grades atleast to a respectable 8.5, learning french, updating my blog regularly and using presumptuous words so that people would have difficulty comprehending my posts.
I started working with great determination towards my goals. I attended all classes, made notes and did tutorials myself. I was very particular about my french and was a star student. I also kept the world abreast with my thought proceedings through my blog.
But how long could it last? I soon fell back to my old ways. I had other preoccupations and soon my goals went on the back burner.
Now the semester has ended and I realize that I am not a penny wiser. I am still to get my grades but I don't want to expect anything. My blog is still in a condition not worth mentioning. I have not written any brilliant posts. But the worst part of it, was when I got a participation certificate in french instead of an Excellent. Oui, Moi( Yes, me). It was the second worst day of my life. (The worst being when Rahul Dravid got married. More about it in another blog.)
My dreams have all been shattered and I am still where I started. I console myself by saying that there is always another day. And now my bags beckon me and I need to complete my packing. I will be back next semester with newer dreams.
Au revoir. Abientot.

4 comments:

Shrey said...

"Turk:Well, I would like to sleep with Beyonce instead of my wife tonight. But that ain't happening either. You know what I'm sayin ?" (SCRUBS)

We all have dreams which don't come true, know wat I'm sayin ? So chill.

Shrey said...

I have not written any brilliant posts.

Stop being modest for a moment, will ya ?

Saagar said...

story sounds familiar
wonder who it reminds me of?

Withered said...

Well, tomorrow's another day....