Friday, January 04, 2008

Till Now...

Ok...I have put off writing a post for long but now I am finally filled with an ardent desire to write something. So I will first of all update you on the past month's happenings. I watched more movies and then I came back home. I spent my birthday transversing the length of the country but it was a new experience. I have never spent my birthday outside my home...not even in school nor in college. I received birthday wishes from all my friends and spent more than Rs.100 on roaming on that day, but every rupee was worth it. I found that the age of 22 also brought, signs of maturity and wisdom on my face. I was asked by two people, while travelling, if i was working!
I surfed through a lot of blogs in the holidays. For starters, check out Lemonade's blog. Her designs are brilliant and the girl is obviously very talented. Then, I came across many blogs written by girls and it was a new and refreshing change(I can be forgiven. I study in a boys college and have really forgotten the various talents of the fairer sex). The blogs talked about all things under the sun ranging from mundane daily issues to politics to sex. There were many topics which I have many times thought of writing about, but then have changed my plans, for fears of being branded a feminist.
I spent new year in Roorkee, with some midnight wishing and bakar. College began on the 1st (we were supposed to only register, but still...it is 1st). We are supposed to fill up these 6 forms containing all our relevant information(I don't know what they do with the last year forms) but ultimately it is a tedious process.
Classes started the very next day with the professors, each coming and giving us an introduction of their subject. I have taken "Advanced Foundry" as my departmental elective, and soon found that we have "Foundry" as a core course itself. This has resulted in listening to the same thing about moulds and patterns in consecutive lectures. God save me!
The other day, a prof while explaining something about hardness, told us about the material of shaving blades. Then he went on to state how most of us use it regularly, while(looking at the 3 girls in class) others do not. I could hardly stiffle my laughter and carefully avoided looking at my friend. I just wished to explain him that some also use razors, but then thought otherwise.
Anyway, I plan to update more frequently this year(this is what I write in each post), but still "I need to have a will, to have a way". And I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year.:)
And Do Not Drink and Drive

6 comments:

Shrey said...

You are a feminist. So write whatever you want :P
So, how did the Discovery of India go? I hope you'll elaborate in forthcoming posts.

The Decayed Canine said...

First, are you finally admitting that this is an all guys college? That'd be a revelation.
Second, are you saying that you too are slowly morphing into a guy? That'd be scary.
And leave us out of the razor business. Forget Banga's demands. We don't want to know.
Yeah, and what about the pan India feminist ratha-yatra? Do let us know.

Amul said...

Welcome back!
Guess, one thing you missed to mention, or probably you did not want to mention, fearing that treat charges on you would multiply.

Anonymous said...

Ah, a post at last. Agree with Shrey. The journey is worthy of a post(if you came by train, that is). Oh, and btw, happy birthday, happy new yr and congrats on ur 9 point sg. Mind lending us lesser mortals some advice?

Saagar said...

I don't recall the razor-sharp (I am so witty) lecture. And I have a 100% attendance this sem. Guess that means I've been dozing off in class again. All is as usual.

lemon said...

hey! thanks for the link and the compliment! :) that was very sweet :) i'm flattered!