Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I wish..

Sometimes I really wish I was a boy. I know I should not be thinking such things, but still. I know our life is much easier then theirs. A boy is expected to provide, while a girl is expected to maintain the provisions. If she provides as well, then well and good, but it is not her primary aim in life. I do believe that we have the easier way out.
But even then I sometimes do wish that I was a boy. They have a different kind of freedom which we don't have. We can't go out at night alone, because there may be bad people lurking about. Always go out with some members of the "stronger" sex, we were advised, and as if that helps. The recent cases in Mumbai and Kochi prove otherwise.
I do wish that there will come a time, when girls will have the same freedom as guys, but I don't see it anywhere in the near future. And until then, all I can do is wish to be a guy.

3 comments:

Indranil said...

hi ..i cudnt help but comment on this ... well let me start with this small piece of factual informatiion: our institute is already suffering from a poor sex ratio of 14(male) : 1(female)...by writing such stuff, u r impreganating such bad thoughts into the heads of the other girls, u must realize that..i wud like to appeal to all the girls who think on the same lines as sripriya does, never to wish to becuma a boy and evn if they wish they shudnt even think of goin for sex change(sorry i think i went a bit too far but the thought freaks me out)...i dont wish to see an even more dismal sex ratio.. so wish for sumthing else..

Shrey said...

Now now, do I need to remind you the kind of terror that your name perpetrates in R-land?
And by the way, as a representative of the stronger sex, I hereby declare that we won't be saving any sorry asses anymore after the time me and Bulk were ditched.

lemon said...

the theory that men are the stronger sex will always be pushed..but i guess we women will jus have to work that much harder to prove ourselves.

i wish i was a boy too sometimes..