Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Which school are you in?

This is the question which everyone frequently asks me( for general information, I am half an engineer now). My petite structure and innocent face(hem,hem...) fool many. There have been countless instances, when people have asked me if I am in the 8th standard.
The most recent of them occurred today morning. As I hurried to class, a group of second year guys were waiting in front of the department, searching for a scapegoat to rag. As I walked past them, I was ordered to come in proper dress code. I just stopped myself from laughing on their faces, as I saw the professor enter the class. I wish that I meet those guys again, so that I can teach them a thing or two about ragging.
But it is not always that the situations are hilarious. Once while travelling in a train with my mother, the TC refused to accept that I am 20 years old. He was very obstinate and I almost had a fight with him. It is basic common sense that if a girl is lying about her age, she would never show herself as being older.
But now I have come to accept that people think that I am a kid. I had a awkward experience in the library, when the issue clerk asked everyone to move aside so that "Gudiya" could come and get the book issued.
But looking at the brighter side, I will look younger even when I am very old. I may even be able to promote 'Santoor' soap, the advertisements of which show a young looking mom. But my friends say that if I do that advertisement, I will get the role of the daughter! All I would like to say to my detractors is that, "Meri twacha se meri umar ka pata hi nahi chalta"!

7 comments:

Withered said...

Really hope you meet those guys again. Wonder what would happen if Amul were to run into a bunch of sophomores alone. He's even older than you. (That doesn't sound nice, does it?)

Saagar said...

When are you taking your boards?

A couple of bodies have been found outside the Chemical Dep. Hope you had nothing to do with it.

Amul said...

Good girl had a bad experience in this regard, while she had already been in ARS. Strange. But i would like to be sympathetic with you :).

@ Raps: I definitely do not look so young. Ya, off course a little younger than my age.

Proxy said...

LOL!! Don't worry, its just too common... there are so many of us to accompany you in the "Gudiya"SHIP!

The Decayed Canine said...

Yeah. People might mistake your stature once. But just once. Btw, I heard you lashed out at the WONA poly the other day for turning up late?
I don't meant to sound patronizing but great job (kiddo?). youre stepping quite well into the shoes of this other femme napoleon I happen to know...

Saagar said...

you've been tagged.
check my blog for details.

Unknown said...

Wow! You are lucky. With me it is the other way around. :(