Saturday, July 21, 2007

Think before you speak

An adage recently caught my eye- "Arrows once shot and words once out of the mouth, can never be taken back." This is perfectly true. History is full of illustrations, where people have said certain things, leading to wars.
Even we say certain things, which we do not mean to say. But once said, nothing can be done. This specially happens when we are in a group. Spurred on by others, we may say things, which we might find funny, but others may not.
I have been caught in sticky situations where in the flow of the moment, I said many things, resulting in fights and once even costing a friendship. But still, I feel I have a lot of scope of improvement. Hope I can do it.

4 comments:

Shrey said...

Elaborate and Elucidate - I won't mind anything you say. Also, watch Yes Minister.

The Decayed Canine said...

No. You can't. Take my word for it. No one can improve upon this kind of thing. :P

ARK said...

hey sripriya, just read some of your previos posts too... very good work... plain, simple and refreshing :-)

Unknown said...

I concur with Arjun. :-)