Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Food For Thought

It is a dream of every child,to get into the most prestigious institute of the country-The Indian Institute of Technology. So was mine. After I got good marks in the 10th standard,I started preparing for what is the toughest exam in the country. It was generally considered that I would surely clear the exam. But that was not meant to be.
But a goal is a goal and so I again strived to join the elite institution. This time round my hard work payed off. I packed my bags and was ready to join some of the brightest minds in the country.
Now,I must tell you something about myself. I have been quite a good student through my school years. I have participated in various co-curricular activities. In general, I had quite a good opinion about myself.
But when I reached the institute, then i realised that everybody was just like me. Most of the people who came there were toppers in their school,city and even state. Everybody had come with the same opinion of themselves, as I had of myself. So it was a constant fight to prove myself.
I was quite a good quizzer in school. But here there were better people. Wherever i went, there was always someone who was better than me, be it sports,music or even playing pranks. Even in class, I no longer figure among the top students. I am just an Average Jill.
I would just like to tell all the future aspirants that "Getting into an IIT is tough, but being an IITian is tougher."

No comments: