Sunday, September 13, 2009

I am old

Times have changed. At one time, my father used to tell his colleagues about how well I had performed in the exams. Nowadays I get to know how well my colleagues children have performed in theirs.
I met my senior colleague today when I was out grocery shopping(yes...times have changed). I met his wife and child. The child was not in a mood to say hello. My boss said to him, " Beta, Aunty ko hi bolo". I looked around to see as to who he was referring to and then it dawned on to me that I was the aunty.
I felt my whole life flashing before my eyes. Just yesterday, I was in school and today I am an aunty. Life, is indeed, too short.
P.S. I find it difficult to come up with titles for each and every post. I have never been good at it.

7 comments:

Withered said...

Aunty!!!! Aunty!!!! I thought you'd have been inured to this form of address after Lefty had been through with all possible title to call you by. Me, I'm feeling younger by the day, what with being one of the younger grad students here.

Murty said...

This is precisely why being the younger son of one of the very few doctors in a small township is a highly desirable thing. Muhuhahaha!

On a more consolatory note, if you keep up the antic of your previous post (and write the same way), these kids might have to have a change of mind :)

Abhishek Sardar said...

O koi na kudiye...

A few days back when I was descending down the stairs of my building, a few kids came running to me asking,'Uncle, ball'. And I thought what transpired them to ask for my balls until I figured that what they wanted was their football lying by my feet.

Confusion!! you see.

Amul said...

Aunty!!!

Prachi Agrawal said...

Aunty?!
You?!
Kids of your Colleagues?!
Bewildered to say the least...

The Decayed Canine said...

But the kid should have been equally bewildered. In an age when one relates size to venerability, you shouldn't have carried much weight of seniority in that toddler's head... or were you in stillettos? :D

Vishy said...

Well, a blog i can relate to, completely (change the aunty to uncle)

Thats life..
Well written

Regards

Vish