Friday, January 26, 2007

The Female Psyche

I recently read a book "Roots and Shadows" by Shashi Deshpande. I liked the book because it was able to bring across the trials of the protaganist, Indu, very realistically.
This book was also instrumental in bringing a thought to my memory. In it, a relative of Indu, Naren gave a very thought provoking reply, when it was asked as to why he smoked? He replied that women are generally reformists at heart. He smoked because it gave the women a chance to reform him and feel elated.
A true feminist to the core, I should have felt angry on reading this. But I agree with him. On dwelling into the female psyche, I have realized that women are attracted to bad boys. There is something about them which makes us feel that they are actually very vulnerble. And then the sensitive and caring attitude of the fairer sex surfaces. We wish to save them from this big bad world and strive to bring them on the right track. It gives a sense of power which is not felt in any other situation.
If you don't agree with me then ask Ash what she saw in Salman. Else think about why women love Shoaib Akhtar.
Just think about this.

3 comments:

Proxy said...

Well, I am not surprised, I already saw this coming! I do agree with you but then you know that in one person's concerned case, I would certainly like too differ... probably its coz I don't smell any mystery there!

The Decayed Canine said...

wow. this is good. I finally know why they always fall for the wrong guy... :D

The Decayed Canine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.